Google Job Title: Java Engineer job, £70k - £75k p.a.
Job Reference: RL5009
Salary: £70,000 - £75,000 p.a., depending on experience
Job Duration: Permanent
You could be on the short-list for this challenging Java Engineer job which will look great on your CV. The company are proud to be part of Tech City UK’s prestigious ‘Future Fifty’.
The Pay: £70,000 – £75,000 p.a., depending on experience
Location: Central London, close to underground stations
- 25 days of holiday plus UK bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years;
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions;
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen;
- Private medical and dental care plans;
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday ‘afternoon tea’ drinks and nibbles; and
- No formal dress code.
Founded in 2010, this FinTech payments business has grown on average by 50% year on year. They currently employ over 800 employees across offices in London, America, Poland, Australia, Canada and Hong Kong, among many other locations across the globe.
Their journey is just beginning, they believe in faster and simpler, more accessible international money transfers and payments, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world.
You would want to work here if…
You are someone who thinks differently, who believes in new solutions to old problems and has the drive to make them happen, this could be the role, and company, for you. A business who promote those who embrace a challenge, aim high and want to do what’s right.
You will be based in London and working within a feature team for the business, focusing on improving their platform to move towards a microservice architecture, with emphasis on continuous delivery, scalability and system resilience.
Your work will be varied, from creating new products and features to improving existing functionality, always striving for better customer experience and a better codebase.
Modern stack – Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Microservices – and modern tools – CI, TDD, Agile.
The ideal candidate:
- A skilled Engineer with over 6 years’ experience of building APIs and services;
- You run on the JVM and are up to date on the latest in the world of Java;
- Happy dealing in databases. You can sketch out schemas, discuss the trade-offs of NoSQL and query-plan your way through scaling issues;
- Happy in the Clouds, both AWS and Azure;
- You’ll be comfortable working with users from around the world;
- Well-principled in Software Engineering, with a strong understanding of modularity, testability, extensibility and scalability;
- A strong problem solver, pro-actively spotting and fixing issues;
- Willing to use your skills and experience to mentor less-experienced engineers, as well as a desire to learn from others; and
- Operates with an Agile outlook; excited about working in a fast-changing environment.
To apply for this Java Engineer job, please click the button below.
Curo Talent endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Talent is a trading name of Curo Resourcing Ltd and acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL5009