Google Job Title: IT Engineer contract job
Job Reference: RL4547
Job Duration: 3 months+ (3 days per week)
You could be working for a leading Microsoft Gold Partner on this IT Engineer contract job. It’s just 3 days a week, leaving you time for other contracts or pursuits.
The function for this role is as a Service Support Engineer, you’ll be working closely with a very experienced support team as well as industry-recognised Microsoft technology experts. This role will give you the opportunity to advance your Microsoft Windows technology skillset as well as learning to work with other Microsoft technologies such as Intune and the System Center Suite.
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 3 months+ (3 days per week)
Day Rate: £Competitive
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the customer’s satisfaction
- Redirect problems to correct resource
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT Service Desk and process first-in first-out based on priority
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Advise user on appropriate action
- Research questions using available information resources
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation
- Follow standard Service Desk procedures
- Log all Service Desk interactions
- Utilize and maintain the Service Manager (Service Desk system)
- Inform management of recurring problems
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software license
- Document internal procedures
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Assist with onboarding of new internal users and external customers
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
Key Technical Skills
- Windows Desktop (7, 8.1 & 10)
- System Center Configuration Manager
Desirable Technical Skills
- Windows Server (2008 R2, 2012 & 2012 R2)
- Mobile Devices (Windows Phone, iOS, Android)
- Microsoft Intune
- System Center (SCOM, SCSM, SCVMM, DPM, Orchestrator)
To apply for this IT Engineer contract job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Talent endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Talent is a trading name of Curo Resourcing Ltd and acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
IT Service Support Engineer contract job, Microsoft Windows, Server, System Center
Job Reference: RL4547