Google Job Title: IOS Engineer job
Job Reference: RL5006
Salary: £70,000 p.a. plus package
Job Duration: Permanent
You could be first in line for this iOS Engineer job, working for a hot FinTech company that is listed on Tech City UK’s prestigious ‘Future Fifty’.
The Pay: £70,000 p.a. plus package
Location: Central London, close underground stations
- 25 days of holiday plus UK bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years;
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions;
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen;
- Private medical and dental care plans;
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday ‘afternoon tea’ drinks and nibbles; and
- No formal dress code.
Founded in 2010, this FinTech payments business has grown on average by 50% year on year. They currently employ over 800 employees across offices in London, America, Poland, Australia, Canada and Hong Kong, among many other locations across the globe.
Their journey is just beginning, they believe in faster and simpler, more accessible international money transfers and payments, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world.
You would want to work here if…
You are someone who thinks differently, who believes in new solutions to old problems and has the drive to make them happen, this could be the role, and company, for you. A business who promote those who embrace a challenge, aim high and want to do what’s right.
You will be based in London and working within a feature team for the business, helping to build their iOS app. The work is varied, from creating new products and features, to improving existing functionality, the business strives to build better customer experience and a better codebase.
The codebase is modern, entirely written in Swift; with a release every two weeks using Fastlane, and yet, they still have an appetite for so much more.
- Writing great code! Maintainability is a must;
- Helping shape what is built. You’ll be working closely with product owners and other engineers to design and refine the work. Working as a team is key; and
- You’ll own work beyond just a pull request. You’ll care about bugs, scalability, uptime and other non-functional requirements.
The ideal candidate:
- A skilled Engineer, with extensive experience in building native iOS apps;
- Keen on Swift. Understanding this is the future, even if Objective-C holds a place in your heart;
- Works across the whole app. From REST calls and auto-layout, to build processes and test cases;
- Happy in the Clouds, both AWS and Azure;
- You’ll be comfortable working with users from around the world;
- Well-principled in Software Engineering, with a strong understanding of modularity, testability, extensibility and scalability;
- A strong problem solver, pro-actively spotting and fixing issues;
- Willing to use your skills and experience to mentor less-experienced engineers, as well as a desire to learn from others; and
- Operates with an Agile outlook; excited about working in a fast-changing environment.
To apply for this iOS Engineer job, please click the button below.
Curo Talent endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Talent is a trading name of Curo Resourcing Ltd and acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL5006