Google Job Title: Graduate C# / .NET Engineer job
Job Reference: RL5015
Salary: Circa £25,000
Job Duration: Permanent
You could take a significant step in your career with this Graduate C# / .NET Engineer job. You’ll be working for a well-established design and manufacturing business, based in Southampton. A company comprising of scientists, mechanical and electrical engineers, CAD specialists, test engineers, and software developers.
Pay: Circa £25,000
- 20 days holiday, increasing with service;
- Stakeholder pension; and
- Discretionary company bonus scheme.
This business has been at the forefront of technology development in its sector for many years, developing many firsts. Their customers include some of the leading research establishments in the world, who use their products in fields such as Nanoscale imaging, material analysis, medical imaging and quantum computing.
You would want to work here if…
You like to be part of a forward-thinking business; a small yet exceptional business who keep the design, construction, and testing of all of their systems in-house. If you want to be part of a team who take the greatest pride in everything they do, who look after their clients and employees as if they were family.
If you are just starting out on your Software Engineering journey then this is a fantastic role for you, giving you the chance to develop and maintain the software used in the company’s products. Learning product development of complex systems, consisting of software and electronics.
You will be based in Southampton, working as part of a small team looking after the development and maintenance of software.
Typical duties would include:
- Analysing software requirements;
- Researching, designing and writing new software applications;
- Investigating new software as well as maintaining existing software;
- Testing software, systems and fault finding and evaluating 3rd party software and systems;
- Participation in design review;
- Creating technical specifications and test plans;
- Writing operational documentation;
- Working closely with other staff, such as project managers, designers, developers, support staff, sales and marketing professionals; and
- Consulting with clients/colleagues on the maintenance and performance of software systems.
The ideal candidate:
You should be degree qualified in a technical subject, preferably Software Engineering, Electronics or Physics and be able to demonstrate an aptitude for programming through the creation of applications. You will also have some examples of software development experience in C/C++/C#/Java, with excellent theoretical knowledge and demonstrable practical skills in Object Oriented Programming.
You should know a lot about:
- Programming for Windows-based platforms;
- Software engineering principles; and
- Software quality issues.
It would be great if you had knowledge of UML design, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) methodologies. As well as Embedded system software – PIC/FPGA. It would also be desirable if you have hands-on electronics experience.
Here’s the soft skills:
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, able to communicate clearly, effectively, and efficiently, and form effective working relationships with customers, colleagues, suppliers and third parties;
- Team player with a positive attitude;
- Confidence to take on problems and deliver solutions; and
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm solving real-world problems with new technology.
To apply for this Graduate C# / .NET Engineer job, please click the button below.
Curo Talent endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Talent is a trading name of Curo Resourcing Ltd and acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL5015